ChiRunning & ChiWalking Instructor Certification
Help individuals and organizations take charge of their health! Teaching ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® gives you the tools to empower yourself and others through mindful, injury-free fitness. Join our team of 200+ Instructors today.
Why our Certified Instructors love what they do:
ChiRunning/ChiWalking Instructor Training Schedule
Registration and payment are required three months prior to the Instructor Training. Payment plans are available. Please contact the ChiLiving offices for more information.
|Instructor||Location||Date of Training||Register by||Cost|
|Jeff Carnivale, Master Instructor||Asheville, NC||March 19- 22, 2015||Dec 22, 2014||You can register with a $550 deposit, or pay the full amount early bird price of $1195.|
|TBD||Asheville, NC||September 24- 27, 2015||Jul 24, 2015||You can register with a $550 deposit, or pay the full amount early bird price of $1195.|
The CRCWIT process begins with three months of homestudy preparation, followed by attendance at a four- day Instructor Training. Afterwards, Candidates have up to one year to complete remaining requirements for Certification.
For more information about CRCWITs, and Certification information, please read below.
Instructor Training Benefits
The ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Instructor Training is a wonderful business opportunity for individuals to learn how to teach the revolutionary ChiRunning and ChiWalking techniques. Benefits of Certification Include:
- Ability to teach individuals and groups the ChiRunning and ChiWalking techniques
- Partner commissions from ChiRunning and ChiWalking product sales
- Use of the trademarked ChiRunning and ChiWalking logos for marketing
- Free customizable listing on the ChiLiving website
- Opportunity to join the ChiLiving PRO Workshop marketing program
- Participation in ChiLiving blogs, social media, bulletin boards, and articles
- Opportunity to give public talks and presentations
- Lead group runs and walks
- Access to customizable marketing materials (Business Cards, Flyers, etc.)
Instructor Certification Requirements
To become a ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Certified Instructor, a Candidate should be experienced in the ChiRunning and ChiWalking techniques. It is highly recommended that Candidates attend a workshop, or work privately with a Certified Instructor, before enrollment in the program.
Before attending the CRCWIT, Candidates must complete the following:
- Attend a ChiRunning workshop, or work with a Certified Instructor within one year of attending the CRCWIT
- Submit Payment, Candidate Application, and a Non-Compete Agreement (NDA)*
- Complete 8 hours of pro- bono practice teaching
- Complete 3 Online Quizzes (Quiz links provided via email)
- 40 Hours Studying ChiRunning & ChiWalking Materials (Study outline provided)
During the CRCWIT, Candidates will primarily be practice teaching with other Candidates, Certified Instructors, and the Master Instructor. The training also includes two written exams and a teaching presentation. (Click Here To View a Sample CRCWIT Agenda)
After attending the CRCWIT, Candidates should complete the following for final Certification:
- Complete 8 hours of assistant teaching at a workshop with Danny, a Master Instructor or Senior Instructor
- Complete 10 hours of pro- bono ChiRunning practice teaching, and 4 hours of pro- bono ChiWalking practice teaching
- Submit videos to your Master Instructor of your personal form, and teaching a small group (Details provided in the Instructor Manual)
- Submit proof of CPR Certification
- Submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance
*If you would like a physical copy of the NDA for review before registering, please email Whitney@ChiLiving.com.
To maintain Certification, all Instructors must keep current Professional Liability Insurance, submit an annual fee payment, and complete a biennial Recertification workshop.
The annual fee covers the cost to license and use the ChiRunning and ChiWalking materials. This fee is 6% of each Instructor’s gross annual income, with a minimum payment of $325, and a maximum payment of $2000. This fee is due by January 31st of each calendar year.
Also, every two years from the year of Certification, each Instructor must assist Danny, a Master or Senior Instructor at an 8 hour workshop for evaluation of teaching and personal form. This ensures that each Instructor is up to date with current teaching methods and materials, and is maintaining good personal form.
Fees and Cancellation Policy
All Instructor Trainings are $1500. Early bird pricing of $1325 is available for all domestic trainings to those that register 4+ months before the CRCWIT. Payment plans are also available upon request.
The initial $550 CRCWIT deposit is nonrefundable. Cancellation fees are assessed as follows:
- 3+ Months Before CRCWIT: Full refund, less $550 deposit
- Less than 3 Months Before CRCWIT: No refund (Transfer of funds to a future CRCWIT is available)
Fees for transferring to another CRCWIT* are assessed as follows:
- 3-4 Months Before CRCWIT: $75 per transfer
- Less than 3 Months Before CRCWIT: $550 per transfer
*Candidates can transfer up to two times, after which all payments are forfeited.
Ready to Join the Team?
Click below to start your journey towards becoming a Certified ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Instructor!
- Fill Out the Registration Form
- Pay for the Course