ChiRunning & ChiWalking Instructor Certification
Why our Certified Instructors love what they do:
Help individuals and organizations take charge of their health! Teaching ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® gives you the tools to empower yourself and others through mindful, injury-free fitness. Join our team of 200+ Instructors today.
ChiRunning/ChiWalking Instructor Training Schedule
Registration and payment are required three months prior to the Instructor Training. Please contact Kelly at Instructors@chiliving.com for more information.
|Instructor||Location||Date of Training||Register by||PAY HERE|
|Rafael Izquierdo/ Amelia Jurado||Madrid, Spain||4-Day Training October 29-November 1||Jul 29, 2016|
|Danny Dreyer||Asheville, North Carolina||4-Day Training April 6-9 2017||Jan 16, 2017|
The Group ChiRunning® & ChiWalking® Instructor Training (CRCWIT) begins with a Three-month Home-study Course with video lessons, quizzes and practice teaching, followed by attendance at our Four-day In-person Course.
After your Home-study and Four-day Course, you have up to one year to complete the remaining requirements for Certification. For a full understanding of the program, read the information in the green tabs below.
FAST TRACK : Become a Certified Instructor faster than ever. Read more under Instructor Certification Requirements in the green tabs below.
Individual Instructor Trainings
If there is not a Group Training that you can attend, you can reach out to any of the Master Instructors below for an Individual or small group Training. Please confirm that one these Master Instructors can work with you before paying for the course by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Requisites for becoming a Certified Instructor still apply so please read all of the information in the green bars below.
Angela James, Vancouver, Canada
Cheryl Lloyd, Reno, Nevada
Dick Felton, Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Jeff Carnivale, Dallas, Texas
Joel Matalon, New York, New York
Kari Wilkinson, Haw Creek, North Carolina
Laura Houston, Seattle, Washington
Lisa Pozzoni, Phoenix, Arizona
Vince Vaccaro, Freedom, New Hampshire
Aracely Areas, San Jose, California (Spanish Speaking)
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Instructor
The ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Instructor Training is a wonderful business opportunity. When you become Certified in ChiRunning® you will also become Certified in ChiWalking® and the ChiWalk-Run technique.
- Ability to teach individuals and groups the ChiRunning and ChiWalking techniques
- Partner commissions from ChiRunning and ChiWalking product sales
- Use of the trademarked ChiRunning and ChiWalking logos for marketing
- Free customizable listing on the ChiLiving website
- Opportunity to join the ChiLiving PRO Workshop marketing program
- Participation in ChiLiving blogs, social media, bulletin boards, and articles
- Opportunity to give public talks and presentations
- Lead group runs and walks
- Access to customizable marketing materials (Business Cards, Flyers, etc.)
Instructor Certification Requirements
To become a ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Certified Instructor Candidate you should be experienced in the ChiRunning and ChiWalking techniques. It is highly recommended that Candidates attend a workshop, or work privately with a Certified Instructor, before enrollment in the program.
Before starting the Home Study Course, you must:
- Attend a ChiRunning workshop, or work with a Certified Instructor within one year of attending the CRCWIT
- Submit Payment, Candidate Application, and a Non-Compete Agreement (NDA)*
During the Home Study Course, you must:
- Complete 8 hours of pro-bono practice teaching
- Complete 3 Online Quizzes (Quiz links provided via email)
- 40 Hours Studying ChiRunning & ChiWalking Materials (Study outline provided)
Then attend the Four-day, In-person Course. The Four-day course includes two written exams and a teaching presentation.
After attending the Four-Day Course, you must complete the following for final Certification:
- Complete 8 hours of assistant teaching at a workshop with Danny, a Master Instructor or Senior Instructor
- Complete 10 hours of pro- bono ChiRunning practice teaching, and 4 hours of pro- bono ChiWalking practice teaching
- Submit videos to your Master Instructor of your personal form, and teaching one other person (Details provided in the Instructor Manual)
- Submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance (we will provide you with a name of an insurance company we recommend)
- Submit proof of CPR certification within the last year.
- FAST TRACK : If you receive a 4.5 or higher (out of 5.0) as your overall score after the 4-day Training, you will be Fast Tracked as a Certified Instructor. This requires having good personal ChiRunning and ChiWalking technique, knowing the materials really well and having excellent teaching and communication skills. You will not have to do the 8 hours of assistant teaching, the post-workshop practice teaching or the video. You will need proof of Insurance and CPR.
To maintain Certification, all Instructors must keep current Professional Liability Insurance, submit an annual fee payment, resign the NDA, and complete a biennial Recertification workshop.
The annual fee covers the cost to license and use the ChiRunning and ChiWalking materials. This fee is a payment of $325. This fee is due by January 31st of each calendar year.
Also, every two years from the year of Certification, each Instructor must assist Danny, a Master or a Senior Instructor at an 8 hour workshop for evaluation of teaching and personal form. This ensures that each Instructor is up to date with current teaching methods and materials, and is maintaining good personal form.
Fees and Cancellation Policy
Fee for the Instructor Trainings is $1395 for Group Trainings and $1495 for Individual Trainings in the U.S. and is due by the start of the Home-study Course. (See Individual Trainings in other countries to confirm their pricing).
30 days before final registration date: full refund, less $250 cancellation fee. If you are working directly with a Master Instructor your fee is non-refundable.
Register Now: You must complete these 3 steps to be fully registered
Step 1: Pay for the course
- Pay Here for Danny's course in Asheville.
- Pay Here if you are working directly with one of the Master Instructors above.
- If you are registering for Spain, click here to register and to pay.
Step 2: Sign the Agreement. You must review and sign this Non-Disclosure Agreement before any course/study materials will be sent to you.
Step 3: Fill out this Registration form.