Sugar Free Granola
Granola can provide some decent health benefits for its consumers, if made simply and consciously. Rolled oats provide lots of fiber, which is important for digestion, and the fruits and nuts in granola can contain important vitamins and promote good health. This granola recipe is naturally sweet with the fruit and juice, but without any added sugar, honey or syrup.
|Rolled Oats||2 cups|
|Shredded Coconut||1/2 cup|
|Slivered Almonds||1/2 cup|
|Orange juice||1/2 cup|
|Coconut oil||2 Tbsps.|
|Figs or Dates||1/4 cup|
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, combine orange juice, raisins, lightly heated coconut oil, and figs or dates until blended.
3. Mix into rolled oats, coconut and top with slivered almonds.
4. Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 250 degrees F.
5. Enjoy hot or cold
- Add a few tsps of vanilla extract for a new flavor.
-Use different nuts, or try them whole. Also, you can add the nuts to a pan as you are gently heating the coconut oil, gives them a different essense.
-Add into yogurt or almond milk.