Spinach, Black Bean, and Ricotta Tacos
Tacos are an easy favorite of a lot of folks in the office -- and they're so fun to get creative with! Vegetables and beans make for a simple, nutritious, and delicious recipe. Add spanish rice as a side dish or simply enjoy as a solo dish.
|Fresh ricotta (room temperature)||8 oz|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tbs|
|Black beans (drained and rinse)||1 - 15 oz can|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbs|
|Sliced white onion||1|
|Green chile peppers (drained)||2 - 4 oz cans|
|Fresh spinach||2 bunches|
|Sea salt||Dash (as desired)|
|Corn tortillas||8 - 12|
|Salsa verde (topping)||Desired amount|
1. Combine the ricotta, cilantro and 1 clove garlic in a medium bowl and season with salt.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion and cook without stirring until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir and continue cooking until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chiles, spinach (in batches) and cumin and cook, stirring, until the spinach begins to wilt. Add the remaining 1 clove of garlic and cook until the spinach is completely almost wilted.
4. Add black beans and cook with vegetables for 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt; transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
6. Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or wrap in a damp towel and microwave 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Divide the spinach mixture among the tortillas, top with the ricotta mixture and a spoonful of salsa verde, a squeeze of lime, and fold.