One Day Workshop
||Midland Community Center, 2205 Jefferson Ave, Midland, MI 48640
to Oct 12th
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Taught by Senior instructor and Duathlon Team USA member, Ken Andrews, learn how to run faster, further, and injury-free – for the rest of your life – no matter what your age, or your running experience. As well as addressing all the technique aspects of running, this comprehensive workshop includes video feedback so you can see your progress as you adapt to the various components of Chi Running. Ken keeps his class size relatively small so each participant gets focused personal attention, plus frequent feedback throughout the class. The class format is highly interactive, with an emphasis on having fun while you learn.
Who should attend this class? Anyone who wants to learn how to run more energy-efficiently, and injury-free. Perhaps you are a beginning runner who wants to “do it right” from the get-go; or maybe you are a serious, competitive runner who wants to improve on your race times; or, you are a runner who has been plagued by injuries and you want to avoid this in the future; perhaps you are injured now and want to get back to running again as soon as possible. Maybe you have attended a ½ day or full day introductory workshop in the past and now you want to learn the full range of Chi Running skills with a senior instructor. Please note: you do not need to be fit to join this workshop – all class attendees participate in the various drills and practice sessions according to their own comfort level.
What does my workshop fee include? Attendance at this workshop, plus each participant will receive a free Chi Running technical running hat or Chi water bottle, and all key points of what was covered in the workshop will be emailed post-class.
Chi Products. Ken will have a range of Chi Running/Walking products for sale at the class (books, DVD’s metronomes, etc).
What is Covered in the Workshop? In addition to the detailed agenda below, Ken will provide guidance and references throughout the day on the following:
• Running hydration and nutrition
• Injury prevention and how to come back from injury
• Running equipment selection – clothing; shoe selection—how to transition to minimal shoes, and more
• Running safety pointers
• Race planning/strategies
• Training plan development
• Cross training options
• Insights and examples of how elite runners and coaches view and use optimum form
• Introduction to Chi Running®
• Learn correct posture/alignment
• How to use the lean
• Ankle/heel lift
• Arm Swing
• Harmonizing the above lower and upper body movement for maximum efficiency
• Introduction to cadence and running at different speeds
Lunch. It is suggested you bring late lunch/snack with you so you can participate in an informal discussion/Q&A on all things running while we eat.
• Cadence, gears & stride length, pelvic rotation in detail - Chi Running at different speeds (Ken will demonstrate what
Chi Running looks like from approximately 9:00 through 5:00 minute-per-mile pace).
• Pre-run body looseners/post-run stretches
• Breathing technique
• Effortless hill running – learn how to run up and down hills of various gradients and terrains, and relax in the process!
• Video analysis - instant feedback on how you are doing
• Running program development – How to incorporate Chi Running into your training and race program
• Form focusing and visualization - How to sustain your improved form and performance
Link for More Info: