Dr. Romeo E. Dimaano, D.C. Certified Instructor
Founder of Active Spine & Sports Care in Camarillo, CA
Dr. Romeo Dimaano, D.C., was raised in Ventura County. Personally receiving chiropractic care as an adolescent with great benefit, natural health care became his long-time chosen career path. After receiving his Bachelor of Science in Public Health - Health Science from California State University, Long Beach, Dr. Dimaano continued on to complete his Doctorate of Chiropractic at Palmer College of Chiropractic West. He has been treating patients from the Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara Counties ever since.
In 2006, Dr. Dimaano founded Active Spine & Sports Care and quickly distinguished himself as the first chiropractor in Ventura County to provide ACTIVE RELEASE THERAPY (A.R.T.) as an adjunct to joint and sports rehabilitation. Since then, Dr. Dimaano has successfully and non-surgically had the privilege of helping numerous patients/athletes with repetitive motion injuries, overuse injuries, as well as chronic and acute pain problems (some of which being tingling of the extremities, rotator cuff syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, low back pain, headaches and plantar fasciitis).
In 2007, Dr. Dimaano completed a 105 hour postgraduate program towards achieving the certification of Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (C.C.E.P.). Completion of the program demonstrates proficiency in advanced principles of TMJ, Ribs, Shoulder Girdle, Upper Extremity Manipulation, Lower Extremity Manipulation, Extremity Rehabilitation, advanced principles of Foot, Gait, and Orthotics, Soft Tissue Methods for the Spine and Extremities, and Global Assessment of the Extremities.
In 2010, Dr. Dimaano successfully completed a 300 hour postgraduate program towards achieving his level 3 diplomat in rehabilitation through the American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board (DACRB). Completion of the program demonstrates expertise in advanced principles and the implementation of rehabilitative methods and treatments geared at achieving optimal results.
In 2012, he completed the course work for the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), a new approach that evaluates the body’s movement patterns to isolate the root cause of injuries and direct a more efficient care plan for pain and dysfunction.
In 2014, Dr. Dimaano continues to broaden his scope of practice with courses such as Dynamic Neurmuscular Stabilization (DNS) developed by The Prague School of Rehabilitation and Manual Medicine. Completion of these courses demonstrates competency in groundbreaking neurodevelopmental and rehabilitation principles designed to restore and stabilize locomotor function.
With his functional treatment approach and success with soft tissue and repetitive stress injuries, Dr. Dimaano has quickly become an instrumental, rehabilitation resource for numerous athletes, both endurance and extreme, around Southern California. In addition, he proudly offers and instructs Chi Running® / Chi Walking® workshops which have helped countless athletes and casual runners transform their running to be more energy efficient and injury free.
Dr. Dimaano continues to support our local community by providing care as an onsite Doctor / Chiropractor to numerous endurance and extreme sporting events (5k, 10k, Half Marathons, Marathons, Duathlons, Triathlons, CrossFit Competitions, Olympic Lifting Competions, etc.) produced by Vendurance, Elite Sports Ventura County, local directors and gyms. In addition, Dr. Dimaano serves as chiropractic/orthopedic consultant and educator to local athletic groups from RoadRunner Sports in Newbury Park, TriRunning in Camarillo, Rincon Triathlon Club in Ventura, LA Workout in Camarillo, Camarillo Mixed Martial Arts, and numerous CrossFit boxes in the Ventura County area.
Dr. Dimaano, a husband and father of two, enjoys running, competing in triathlons and spending time with his family.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Doctorate of Chiropractic - Palmer College of Chiropractic West, 2006
- Bachelor of Science - (Public Health - Health Science) California State University, Long Beach
- Diplomat American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board (Level 3 - DACRB)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization - A (DNS - A Certified)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization - B (DNS - B Certified)
- NeuroKinetic Therapy (Level 1 trained)
- Fascial Manipulation (trained)
- Spine Certified (ART) - Active Release Techniques®
- Upper Extremity Certified (ART) - Active Release Techniques®
- Lower Extremity Certified (ART) - Active Release Techniques®
- Level 2 Full Body Certified (ART) - Active Release Techniques®
- Long Tract Nerve Entrapment Certified (ART) - Active Release Techniques®
- Ironman Performance Provider Certified (ART) - Active Release Techniques®
- Certified Functional Movement Screen Specialist (FMS)
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Analysis (Eligible)
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Analysis - Advanced (Eligible)
- Certified Chi Running / Walking® Instructor Program
- Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (Eligible)
-Trigenics - Myoneural Medicine
- Chiropractic Bio-Physics (CBP)
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Diplomat
- California Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Diplomat
- American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board
- American Chiropractic Association
- RoadRunner Sports Running Team
- Rincon Triathlon Club
- Chi Running® / Chi Walking®
COMMUNITY WORK AND SPORTS MEDICINE EXPERIENCE:
- Onsite Doctor to Elite Sports Ventura County (2009 - Current)
- Onsite Doctor to RoadRunner Sports - Newbury Park, CA
- Onsite Doctor to LA Workout - Camarillo, CA (2006 - 2010)
- Onsite Doctor to Camarillo Mixed Martial Arts - Camarillo, CA - (2011 - Present)
- Onsite Doctor to The Pit Camarillo MMA - Camarillo, CA - (2007-2010)
- Clinic Abroad Program - Florianopolis, Brazil (2005)
- Camarillo Half-Marathon - Marathon - Camarillo, CA - (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Port Hueneme Splash and Dash - Port Hueneme, CA - (2010)
- Camarillo YMCA Love Your Community 5k - Camarillo, CA - (2011, 2013)
- Pleasant Valley School District Family Wellness Expo 5k - Camarillo, CA - (2011, 2013)
- Simi Valley Days 5/10 k - Simi Valley, CA - (2010)
- Camarillo Duathlon Series - Camarillo, CA - (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- CrossFit Sectional - Ventura, CA - (2011)
- Seaside Half Marathon 5k 10k - Ventura, CA - (2013)